Apple Custard Coffee Cake Recipe
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, 1/4 cup sugar, milk and vanilla. Stir in pecans. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Toss apples with 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Sprinkle over batter.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, cream and remaining sugar. Pour over the apples; sprinkle with remaining cinnamon. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Apple Custard Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"Very dry and dense - custard all went to bottom of cake - very disappointed - will not make again"
"Texture-wise, this is more of a bread pudding than a coffee cake. Served warm with a topping of whipped cream it makes an excellent dessert. Would be good for breakfast, too."