- For topping, combine the walnuts, flour, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle about
- two-thirds of the topping over batter. Top with remaining batter;
- sprinkle with remaining topping.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted neat
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 16 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 234 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.