- 5 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- In a bowl, combine first five ingredients; spoon into pie shell. For topping, combine sugar and flour; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over pie.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°; bake for 40-45 minutes or until the topping is browned and apples are tender. Cover crust edges with foil during the last 15 minutes if needed. Cool completely before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Apple Crumble Pie
Sort By :
"This is one of the best apple pies I have made! Absolutely delicious, easy, and everyone loved it."
"Excellent pie. Very close to a recipe I use. Very simple and delicious!"
"Great recipe , easy to do and family and friends rave about it!"
"Hello foreverfarm1. I cannot wait to try this pie. I am wandering why you didn't post your secret ingredient. I sure is a "teaser". I like to add just a little toasted pecans to my crumbs. I have an old family apple pie recipe.. but, will try this. I have a recipe that I would share w/you. It is between a cream and sugar cream pie. Many of my family and friends and other acquaintances don't care for either but absolutely love this pie. I have always taken this pie to our church for funerals, too. Love to share recipes.... from Warsaw, Indiana email@example.com"
"My favorite apple pie!"