Apple Crumb Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 6 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 6 medium)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; flute edges and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the apples, butter, sour cream, lemon juice, sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spoon into pastry shell.
- For topping, in a large bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and the apples are tender. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Apple Crumb Pie(4)
Sort By :
Awesome pie, easy to make, everyone loved!
Very delicious. The sour cream makes it have a creamy taste. I might even add more next time. Simple to make but oh so good. I also added some apple pie spice.
When I read the recipe I was a little skeptical about sour cream, but this is a really good pie. The whole family enjoyed it.
My husband absolutely loved it!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Crumb Pie >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Pie >
- Apple Pie Recipes >
- Apple Pie Recipes with Fresh Apples >
- Apple Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >