Apple Crumb Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 6 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 6 medium)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; flute edges and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the apples, butter, sour cream, lemon juice, sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spoon into pastry shell.
- 2. For topping, in a large bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over filling.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and the apples are tender. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 380 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Apple Crumb Pie
"This recipe is so good that my husband keeps asking for it and my neighbor asked for the recipe. The best pie recipe! It's not too sweet and not too watery inside. Only drawback- the crumbs dont come out big enough and I have done this recipe three times now."
"I love this recipe. It is always a hit with family and guests! I follow the recipe exactly."
"Awesome pie, easy to make, everyone loved!"
"Very delicious. The sour cream makes it have a creamy taste. I might even add more next time. Simple to make but oh so good. I also added some apple pie spice."
"When I read the recipe I was a little skeptical about sour cream, but this is a really good pie. The whole family enjoyed it."
"My husband absolutely loved it!"
"This pie tastes great but unfortunately it fell apart on me."
"Fanatastic pie. Have made this many times."
"It could have been my error but this pie didn't come out great. The crumb topping was a bit dry and it looked strange. Next time I would add more butter to make it more moist. Also, the granny smith apples that I put in it weren't cooked enough. I would increase the cooking time in my oven."
"This was the first pie I ever made. I used a Marie Calender's pie crust instead of hand making mine. I also added some extra flour to the filling to make the ingredients stick to the apples. For the topping I added some cinnamon to give that just a touch of flavor. MMMMMMM so good! I got the mark of approval from my husband and now I'll be waiting to see how the rest of my family likes it over Thanksgiving! Great recipe!"
"This is the best apple pie I've ever made! I love the texture of the apples in this pie and the other additions make this pie so delicious. A real winner!!!"
"I used to think apple pie in a pastry crust was good; now this one exceeds that. My husband and I now consider this recipe our favorite apple pie. Thanks for sharing it."
"First pie I ever made and it turned out great. Made it for Thanksgiving and everyone LOVED it! I think next time I might cut the nutmeg in half, it was pretty strong for me. Delicious though!!!"
"Make it a day ahead so the flavors can meld. Yummy!"