- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 6 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 6 medium)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; flute edges and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the apples, butter, sour cream, lemon juice, sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spoon into pastry shell.
- For topping, in a large bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and the apples are tender. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Apple Crumb Pie
"This recipe is so good that my husband keeps asking for it and my neighbor asked for the recipe. The best pie recipe! It's not too sweet and not too watery inside. Only drawback- the crumbs dont come out big enough and I have done this recipe three times now."
"I love this recipe. It is always a hit with family and guests! I follow the recipe exactly."
"Awesome pie, easy to make, everyone loved!"
"Very delicious. The sour cream makes it have a creamy taste. I might even add more next time. Simple to make but oh so good. I also added some apple pie spice."
"When I read the recipe I was a little skeptical about sour cream, but this is a really good pie. The whole family enjoyed it."