Apple Crumb Bars Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/4 cups cold butter, divided
- 5 to 6 cups thinly sliced peeled apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and baking soda; cut in 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 2 cups for topping. Press remaining crumbs into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange apples over top; set aside.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water, vanilla and remaining butter. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thick and bubbly; spread over apples. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
1 each: 174 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Apple Crumb Bars
"This is awesome!! Will be making it again!!!"
"This is absolutely delicious!! I followed the recipe exactly, and they came out perfect . This is my new go to desert !"
"I made these last week in the 13x9 pan and my husband ate 3/4 of them in 2 days! I will add a 1 tbsp. More of butter to the crumb mixture to cut in since it was slightly dry. The best apple bar recipe I have ever made by far."
"I haven't had this one but i will try it love the name"
"I made these bars last week and my husband is already asking me to make them again. I did add 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon to the recipe though. The bars are awesome."
"I followed the directions, using a full 6 cups of apples, and it was AMAZING! Is delicious warm or cold, with or without vanilla ice cream. I'm about to make it again right now!"