Apple Crumb Bars Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/4 cups cold butter, divided
- 5 to 6 cups thinly sliced peeled apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and baking soda; cut in 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 2 cups for topping. Press remaining crumbs into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange apples over top; set aside.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water, vanilla and remaining butter. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thick and bubbly; spread over apples. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
1 each: 174 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Apple Crumb Bars
"This is awesome!! Will be making it again!!!"
"This is absolutely delicious!! I followed the recipe exactly, and they came out perfect . This is my new go to desert !"
"I made these last week in the 13x9 pan and my husband ate 3/4 of them in 2 days! I will add a 1 tbsp. More of butter to the crumb mixture to cut in since it was slightly dry. The best apple bar recipe I have ever made by far."
"I haven't had this one but i will try it love the name"
"I made these bars last week and my husband is already asking me to make them again. I did add 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon to the recipe though. The bars are awesome."
"This is a great fall dessert when you have family over for dinner. Have made it a few times.Everyone loved it."
"I followed the directions, using a full 6 cups of apples, and it was AMAZING! Is delicious warm or cold, with or without vanilla ice cream. I'm about to make it again right now!"