Apple Crisp Recipe
"Fall is the perfect time for making apple crisp because that's when the fruit is plentiful," notes Debby Stutler of New Milton, West Virginia. "I sometimes use two kinds of tart apples to make this old-fashioned dessert extra special-or add a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream."
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. Place apples in two greased 10-oz. custard cups; sprinkle with water. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon. cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until tender. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Apple Crisp
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2013
"This recipe did not turn out well at all. I chose this recipe because I didn't have any oats. The topping was awful. It had a crisp texture on the surface, but underneath, it turned into to a gummy consistency. I would never make this again."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC