Apple Crisp with a Twist Recipe
Nicely spiced apple crisp gets a delightful twist from Marilynn Ostrander of Lehigh Acres, Florida. She drops sweet dollops of apricot jam over the traditional crumb topping. Served warm, it pairs well with ice cream or frozen yogurt.
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/3 cup apricot jam
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the apple, sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Transfer to a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- For topping, combine the flour and sugar in a small bowl; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over apple mixture. Drop jam by teaspoonfuls over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until apple slices are tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apple Crisp with a Twist in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 31
Reviews for Apple Crisp with a Twist(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2011
Since the Apricot Jam is drizzled over can do,yet Allergic.Will try Lemon Curd for Me!Thanks,Marilynn O.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Cobbler >
- Apple Crisp >
- Apple Crisp Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Crisp Topping >
- Crisps >
- Crisps & Cobblers >
- Desserts >