- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 6 medium tart apples, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Combine egg and milk; gradually add to flour mixture, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of a 12-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Arrange apple slices in a circular pattern over dough, starting at the outer edge and overlapping slices.
- For topping, combine the sugar, flour and spices in a small bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Autumn Apple Tart in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p278
Reviews for Apple Crisp Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review