Apple Crisp Pizza Recipe
- Pastry for a single-crust pie
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 medium baking apples, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping or caramel apple dip
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. Roll pastry to fit a 12-in. pizza pan; fold under or flute the edges. Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl. Add apples and toss. Arrange the apples in a single layer in a circular pattern to completely cover pastry. Combine the first five topping ingredients; sprinkle over apples.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from the oven and immediately drizzle with caramel topping or dip. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 253 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Apple Crisp Pizza
"Super recipe! An apple pie treat with less calories! Will make this often since apple season has hit!"
"Fantastic! It was way better than even making an apple pie! Delicious! I will make this again!"
"This has been a hit every time I've made it for a potluck or family dinner. I've been asked for the recipe countless times. I use a large tube of crescent rolls for the crust, because it's quicker and easier then making my own crust, and it turns out great every time. For variation, try a large tube of cinnamon rolls to make a crust. Press them out thin on the pan and seal the seams. Proceed with the recipe as written. Just when you thought it couldn't get any better! All that cinnamony goodness. YUM!!! And don't forget the vanilla ice cream."
"This was a hit at the office potluck--easy to fix, fed a crowd, and everyone said it was like a perfect portion size of apple pie flavor."
"This was so good. Just like apple pie without so much crust. I will definately be making it again. Used just 1/4 cup caramel sauce on top, that was plenty. Served with homemade vanilla ice cream."
"I just loved the creative way this dessert was served. It was tasty and good. Not the least bit heavy and I was surprised at how neatly it cut. This recipe does not create a lot of juice. It has that all American Apple Pie taste without the pie or heavy crust.Janie"
"One of the best recipes I've ever made from Taste of Home! This dessert is amazing. And even better served with vanilla ice cream"
"This tasted so good! Used homemade crust and home canned apples, the wetness of the apples made the crust a bit soggy, but still tasted amazing!"
"The best apple recipe ever!"
"I have made this recipe countless times since I first found it in the magazine many years ago. It always gets rave reviews from my family and friends and at potlucks! It is a must-make recipe every fall with the new apple crop."
"I first made this recipe for a teenage "All Pizza Party" and there wasn't a crumb left! It's very good!"
"I have made this year after year and get asked all of the time to make it for events. Great recipe!!"
"I wonder if this would work using sugar cookie dough as the crust? Sounds delicious!!!"
"I have made this recipe many, many times, and it never fails--I'm always asked for the recipe. Two people requested it tonight at a church supper!I use a large tube of crescent rolls for the crust instead of the pie crust that the recipe calls for. It always turns out great."
"I've made this twice now to rave reviews! Its quick, easy and delicious. I will definitely make again and again! sb"
"I have been making this exact recipe for years and am always asked for the recipe. Shirley"
"My husband said this is his ultimate favorite, topping his favorite apple crisp! Everyone else also loved it!Kristen"
"This apple pizza is exelent, in my group of 12 people every one love it."