- and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in
- apples. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- In a small bowl, beat the filling ingredients until smooth. Drop by
- tablespoonfuls into centers of muffins.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar and
- cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over
- filling. Bake 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin
- comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire
- rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin equals 356 calories, 22 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.