Apple Crisp For Two
DELICIOUS with ice cream or whipped topping, this dessert is always a welcome treat at our table. We especially like it served warm.
I make this often year-round, but it's even tastier in the fall with newly harvested apples.
-Patricia Gross, Etna Green, Indiana
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place apples in an ungreased 2-cup baking dish; sprinkle with lemon
- juice. Combine the brown sugar, oats, butter and cinnamon; sprinkle
- over apples. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover;
- bake 15 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Serve with
- whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 217 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.