DELICIOUS with ice cream or whipped topping, this dessert is always a welcome treat at our table. We especially like it served warm. I make this often year-round, but it's even tastier in the fall with newly harvested apples. -Patricia Gross, Etna Green, Indiana
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place apples in an ungreased 2-cup baking dish; sprinkle with lemon juice. Combine the brown sugar, oats, butter and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Apple Crisp For Two in Reminisce September/October 1997, p45
Reviews for Apple Crisp For Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review