Apple Crisp Crescents Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 large egg, separated
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins, chopped
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolk, sour cream and vanilla; add to crumb mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- 2. Divide dough into thirds. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 10-in. circle. Combine the apple, walnuts, raisins, sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 1/2 cup over each circle. Cut each circle into 12 wedges.
- 3. Roll up each wedge from the wide end and place point side down 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form crescents. Whisk egg white until foamy; brush over crescents.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 cookie: 107 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Apple Crisp Crescents
"I used cranraisins instead of plain raisins to make it a little fest for Christmas. They were certainly a hit. This was the first time i had made them and will continue to make them. I did cut the sugar in half and they still tasted great."