I enjoy making desserts like this delicious tart, which is seasoned with cinnamon and nutmeg and topped with whipped cream. I don't know where I got the recipe, but I like it because it's so easy to prepare.—Lyle Borcherding, Johnstown, Pennsylvania
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 egg yolks
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Arrange apples over crust. Combine the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over apples. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream and egg yolks; pour over apples. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until apples are tender and filling is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Apple Cream Tart in Taste of Home October/November 2004, p59
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Apple Cream Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review