Apple Cream Tart Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 egg yolks
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- 2. Arrange apples over crust. Combine the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over apples. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream and egg yolks; pour over apples. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until apples are tender and filling is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- 4. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 334 calories, 19 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Apple Cream Tart
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.