- Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on
- a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the filling ingredients; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 3-4 minutes or until apples
- are tender and sauce is thickened. Remove from the heat; cool
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar;
- beat until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble, split shortcakes in half. Place cake bottoms on dessert
- plates. Top with apple mixture and whipped cream. Replace shortcake
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 515 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 467 mg sodium, 77 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.