Apple Cream Pie
The addition of whipping cream makes this pie an irresistible change from other versions of this traditional dessert.Eilene Bogar, Minier, Illinois
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Ground cinnamon
- Place apples in pastry shell. Combine the sugar, flour and cream
- until smooth; pour over apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°; bake 35-40
- minutes longer or until center is almost set. Cover edges with foil
- during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary.
- Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 361 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.