The addition of whipping cream makes this pie an irresistible change from other versions of this traditional dessert.—Eilene Bogar, Minier, Illinois
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Ground cinnamon
- Place apples in pastry shell. Combine the sugar, flour and cream until smooth; pour over apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Apple Cream Pie in Taste of Home August/September 1995, p17
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Apple Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review