Apple Cream Cups
For a sweet treat, this ice cream dessert can't be beat. The apples are flavor with a lovely cream sauce you will find irresistible.Bairanne Wilson, Falfurrias, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream or 1/2 cup sour cream plus 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- Chopped salted peanuts, optional
- Combine apple and water in a small saucepan or glass bowl. Cover;
- cook on stovetop or microwave until water comes to a boil. Stir in
- brown sugar, sour cream and cinnamon; cook until sugar is melted,
- stirring once.
- Let cool slightly; serve warm over the ice cream. Garnish with
- peanuts if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 339 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.