Apple Cream Cups Recipe
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream or 1/2 cup sour cream plus 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- Chopped salted peanuts, optional
- 1. Combine apple and water in a small saucepan or glass bowl. Cover; cook on stovetop or microwave until water comes to a boil. Stir in brown sugar, sour cream and cinnamon; cook until sugar is melted, stirring once.
- 2. Let cool slightly; serve warm over the ice cream. Garnish with peanuts if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup: 339 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (58g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Apple Cream Cups
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.