Apple Cream Cups Recipe
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream or 1/2 cup sour cream plus 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- Chopped salted peanuts, optional
- 1. Combine apple and water in a small saucepan or glass bowl. Cover; cook on stovetop or microwave until water comes to a boil. Stir in brown sugar, sour cream and cinnamon; cook until sugar is melted, stirring once.
- 2. Let cool slightly; serve warm over the ice cream. Garnish with peanuts if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 339 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Apple Cream Cups
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.