Apple Cream Cups Recipe
For a sweet treat, this ice cream dessert can't be beat. The apples are flavor with a lovely cream sauce you will find irresistible.Bairanne Wilson, Falfurrias, Texas
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream or 1/2 cup sour cream plus 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- Chopped salted peanuts, optional
- Combine apple and water in a small saucepan or glass bowl. Cover; cook on stovetop or microwave until water comes to a boil. Stir in brown sugar, sour cream and cinnamon; cook until sugar is melted, stirring once.
- Let cool slightly; serve warm over the ice cream. Garnish with peanuts if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apple Cream Cups in Country Woman March/April 1990, p37
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Apple Cream Cups(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Ice Cream Topping Recipes >
- Ice Cream Toppings >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >