Apple Cream Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 medium apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. In a small bowl, combine the nuts, cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Spread half of the batter in a well-greased 10-in. tube pan with a removable bottom. Top with apple slices; sprinkle with half of the nut mixture. Top with remaining batter, then with remaining nut mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 30 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Lift cake with removable bottom from pan. Cool completely. Before serving, carefully lift cake from pan bottom. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Apple Cream Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"It was delicious. I baked at 325 for 45 minutes, but the cake was raw. So I baked at 350 more 30 minutes."
"It was delicious. I baked at 325 for 45 minutes, but the cake was eaw. So I baked at 350 more 30 minutes."
"I would give this more stars if I could! A few of my modifications: I substituted 1/2 of the butter with applesauce, and half of the batter sugar with Splenda. I baked in a 13 x 9 pan, baking at 350 for 35 min. You really have to spread it out, then add the apples/sugar mix, and finally spoon the remaining batter (about 1 cup) over the top. I then spread & pushed that around as well, pushing the apples down into the batter. The cake came out very moist, but not "wet" and the apples were delicious. I agree with another poster that if you bake this in a bundt type pan, you might want to increase the batter by half."
"Wonderful and very moist!"
"I used applepie filling, lemon filling, blueberry filling, and all came out very good. :) Stays moist for days."