- 1-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the egg, milk, butter, sugar, lemon peel, salt and 3/4 cup flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface. With floured hands, knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Press into a greased 8-in. square baking dish; build up edges slightly.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar. Gently spread over dough. Arrange apple slices over top; brush with butter. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and apples are tender. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apple Cream Cheese Kuchen in Reminisce Extra September 2009, p53
Reviews for Apple Cream Cheese Kuchen
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2013
"easy,convenint,and feasible to make.big family everyone loved it."