Apple Cream Cake
"This is the first dessert Mom would make when apples were ready to pick," writes Antoinette Kilhoffer from Ridgeway, Pennsylvania. "One bite of this old-fashioned country cake will have you coming back for more. A boxed cake mix makes it very easy, but it tastes like it's made from scratch."
12-15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, optional
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions; pour into a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the apples, walnuts,
- sugar and cinnamon; spoon over batter. Pour cream over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if
- desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.