- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, optional
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions; pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the apples, walnuts, sugar and cinnamon; spoon over batter. Pour cream over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Apple Cream Cake
Sort By :
"This desert looked good but the taste was average. I followed the recipe exactly and baked for 60 minutes but it came out heavy and dry. Whipped cream helped but not enough to keep the cake for leftovers."
"I've been using this cake since it first appeared in Quick Cooking magazine years ago. It is always a WOW to everyone and I am still asked for the recipe from newcomers to it!Toni AndersonGommy of 5"
"This cake is very easy and tastes great. I made it for a brunch at work, and everyone loved it. Some heated it in microwave, others didn't. The pan was emptied!"
"This cake has a really soft crumb and is best when warm.I laid (did not spoon) all the apple slices on top of the cake batter, really pretty, and then sprinkled the walnuts over that and then poured the cream over. When I took the cake out of the oven, the top was perfectly clean... all the apples and walnuts had sunk to the bottom! It still tasted good, but didn't look like the picture at all."
"Absoolutely deicious.Best served warm. For leftovers, suprised there were any, we popped pieces in microwave to warm for 20 seconds. Will take to the Superbowl party for sure."