- and pecans. Place in six greased jumbo muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder,
- cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the buttermilk, oil and
- egg. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour over apple
- Bake at 400° for 14-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Carefully run a knife around edges of
- cakes to loosen. Cool for 3 minutes before inverting onto a serving
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sour
- cream and confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Serve
- with warm cakes. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cake with 3 tablespoons topping equals 511 calories, 27 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.