Apple-Cranberry Tart Recipe
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup cold butter
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and walnuts; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Gently stir in cranberries. Transfer to crust.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and orange peel. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over filling. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 14 servings.
1 slice equals 331 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Apple-Cranberry Tart
"Great flavour, however, crust was too brown. Next time will reduce the oven temperature to either 375 or 400 and will bake on a foil lined cookie sheet (seepage due to removable bottom)."