Apple-Cranberry Relish Recipe
This fresh ruby-colored relish is sweet and tangy, and the apples and celery give it a terrific crunch. At our house, it's a holiday menu mainstay since it's so pleasant with poultry and pork. —Edith McFarland, Willits, California
- 2 medium navel oranges
- 2 bags (12 ounces each) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 celery ribs, cut into chunks
- 3 cups sugar
- 1. Grate peel of oranges and set aside. Peel and discard white membrane. Separate orange into sections and place half in a food processor or blender. Add half of the cranberries, apples and celery. Process until coarsely chopped.
- 2. Transfer to a bowl; repeat with remaining oranges, cranberries, apples and celery. Stir in sugar and reserved orange peel. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 16 servings (8 cups).
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 172 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC