This fresh ruby-colored relish is sweet and tangy, and the apples and celery give it a terrific crunch. At our house, it's a holiday menu mainstay since it's so pleasant with poultry and pork. —Edith McFarland, Willits, California
- 2 medium navel oranges
- 2 bags (12 ounces each) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 celery ribs, cut into chunks
- 3 cups sugar
- Grate peel of oranges and set aside. Peel and discard white membrane. Separate orange into sections and place half in a food processor or blender. Add half of the cranberries, apples and celery. Process until coarsely chopped.
- Transfer to a bowl; repeat with remaining oranges, cranberries, apples and celery. Stir in sugar and reserved orange peel. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 16 servings (8 cups).
Originally published as Apple-Cranberry Relish in Taste of Home December/January 1997, p33
Reviews for Apple-Cranberry Relish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review