“I often make several different kinds of breads to give as gifts to family and friends on special occasions,” writes Maureen Collop of Bothell, Washington. “These fruity, crumb-topped muffins are a favorite.”
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apple and cranberries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill two-thirds full with batter. For topping, combine brown sugar and flour. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Apple Cranberry Muffins in Light & Tasty February/March 2007, p44
Reviews for Apple Cranberry Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review