Apple Cranberry Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apple and cranberries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill two-thirds full with batter. For topping, combine brown sugar and flour. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Cranberry Muffins(3)
Sort By :
I made this recipe twice in one week and love it! I made just a couple of changes. I did not have allspice or cloves, so I added an extra tsp. of cinnamon. Also, I mixed the dried cranberries into the dry flour mix instead of folding them in at the end. Next time, I think I will try to add the applies this way too. This way the batter won't have to be mixed as much.
These tasted great! I made them last night and the family couldn't wait for them to cool, the topping put a nice crust on it. I plan on freezing a few for a quick grab, reheat, and go. I will be making these again!
I made these at Christmas time and again tonight...They are wonderful! I used thawed cranberries from my freezer and added walnuts...Delicious!