“My husband and I went to a cranberry festival, and I came home with 5 pounds of the berries! Luckily they freeze well and taste great in this simple dish that I use in place of fruit.” Beverly Koester - Appleton, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-3/4 cups unsweetened apple juice, divided
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free cranberry gelatin
- 2 cups chopped peeled Golden Delicious apples
- In a small saucepan, combine cranberries and 1 cup apple juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the berries pop. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in apples and remaining apple juice.
- Pour into a 4-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Unmold onto a serving plate. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apple Cranberry Delight in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008, p17
Reviews for Apple Cranberry Delight
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 2, 2008
"I added a little cinnamon to my version and topped with Cool Whip Free. Excellent sweet tooth fix with a little impact to my waistline!"