- 3 cups chopped peeled apples
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- In a greased 8-in. square baking dish, combine apples and cranberries; sprinkle with sugar. In another bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour and butter; sprinkle over cranberry mixture. Top with pecans if desired.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Apple Cranberry Crumble
Sort By :
"Whoever wrote this recipe failed to mention that the cranberries should be thawed and DRAINED if using frozen ones. Having them thawed was mentioned but I failed to drain them as it was not noted. So I wasted a double batch of everything needed for this recipe and had nothing to serve for dessert to my guests. Maybe this is detail is apparent to some but not to me. Very poor proof reading and thoughtfulness by your staff. Terrible actually."
"I make some changes to recipe. I used granola instead of oats. Cherry craisins in place of the cranberries and I also added a 9 oz. box of Jiffy yellow cake mix. # In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt; sprinkle over apples. Drizzle with water. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oats, butter, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Sprinkle over apples.# Bake, uncovered, at 350Â° for 45-50 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream. I hope you enjoy my version!"
"This was a great recipe. Fun, easy to make, and smells like Heaven!"
"Yummy! I used honeycrisp apples & the flavor was pretty tart, but paired with some vanilla ice cream, it was perfect. Fairly quick & very easy to whip up with some lefover cranberries!"
"Very Good! The apple and cranberry together almost makes it taste like rhubarb crisp."