This dessert can be assembled easily and cooked with a minimum of attentionyou can prepare all the rest of your evening meal while it bakes. From the time my mother taught me to cook, I've loved to bake. Desserts are a special favorite of mine, and I clip out and save more dessert recipes than any other kind. Discovering a great new recipe brings such joy. That's what keeps me cooking!
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 cups chopped apples, unpeeled
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine the apples, cranberries and sugar; transfer to an
- 8-in. square baking dish; set aside. Combine topping ingredients
- until crumbly; sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until the fruit is tender. Serve warm
- with ice cream or whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 373 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.