Apple Cranberry Crisp
Charlotte Davidson taps into the convenience of an instant oatmeal packet for this tart and tasty dessert for two she whips up in Batesville, Arkansas during the busy holidays.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 medium Golden Delicious apples, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1 package (1.6 ounces) instant cinnamon and spice oatmeal
- In a small bowl, combine the apples, cranberries and sugar
- substitute. Transfer to two 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated
- with cooking spray. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2
- minutes or until apples are almost tender.
- In a bowl, cut butter into oatmeal until crumbly; sprinkle over apple
- mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high 1-2 minutes longer or until
- butter is melted and topping is golden. Serve warm. Yield: 2
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Splenda No Calorie Sweetener in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 246 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 3 g protein.