Apple-Cranberry Country Crisp Recipe
This dessert can be assembled easily and cooked with a minimum of attention—you can prepare all the rest of your evening meal while it bakes. From the time my mother taught me to cook, I've loved to bake. Desserts are a special favorite of mine, and I clip out and save more dessert recipes than any other kind. Discovering a great new recipe brings such joy. That's what keeps me cooking!
- 3 cups chopped apples, unpeeled
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine the apples, cranberries and sugar; transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish; set aside. Combine topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until the fruit is tender. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Apple/Cranberry Crisp in Country Woman September/October 1988, p29
Reviews for Apple-Cranberry Country Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review