Apple Cranberry Cobbler Recipe
"My family enjoys the sweetness of the apples as well as the tartness of the cranberries in this old-fashioned treat," says Regina Stock of Topeka, Kansas. "It's a great dessert to make during the peak of apple season."
- 5 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the apples, sugar, cranberries, tapioca, cinnamon and water. Let stand for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil. Cook and stir 3 minutes longer. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Dot with butter.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk to form a soft dough. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls over hot apple mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until topping is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into topping comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 316 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Apple Cranberry Cobbler
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC