Apple Cranberry Cider
Spiced with cinnamon sticks and cloves, this warm-you-up sipper from our Test Kitchen is sure to chase away winter's chill. Serve brimming mugs of the hot beverage with your family's favorite cookies, muffin or bread.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups apple cider or juice
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- In a large saucepan, combine the cider, cranberry juice and brown
- sugar. Place cloves and cinnamon sticks on a double thickness of
- cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen string
- to form a bag. Add to pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for
- 15-20 minutes. Discard spice bag. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 166 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.