VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 2 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Heat butter in a 4-quart slow cooker on high heat until melted. Add rice; stir to coat. Add apples, brown sugar, salt and spices. Stir in milk and apple juice.
- Cook, covered, on low until rice is tender, 3-4 hours, stirring halfway. Stir in cranberries during the last 15 minutes of cooking. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Cranberry Breakfast Risotto in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p81