- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt;. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be very thick). Fold in apples, cranberries and walnuts.
- Transfer to an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Apple Cranberry Bread
"Found this recipe when searching for a new bread recipe for holiday gatherings. When I made it I shredded the apples. I also added 1 teaspoon of vanilla after I had made it once according to the recipe. I received many requests for the recipe. It is very good and simple to make."
"Nice flavor and easy to make."
"I've made this for a few years now and everyone loves it!"
"Incredibly easy to make and delicious. I put in 50% more cranberries and only 1 apple and toasted pecans because I had no walnuts. The loaf was crisp golden brown on the outside and moist inside. The kids and my husband loved it. People who found the dough crumbly either didnt mix the wet and dry ingredients together properly or forgot the oil. There is absolutEly no need to add more liquid."
"At first, I thought I made a mistake and forgot liquid until, I folded in the apples and cranberries. Then, the batter was more manageable and perfect. Excellent !!!!!!!!!!! "
"This is a very tasty bread. When it's all mixed up, it's more like crumbles than batter. I just pressed it into the loaf pan and it baked up fine. Very moist and flavorful."
"I've made this recipe, there's no mistake or missing in the recipe, it turns out really great. All my guests and family LOVES this recipe. yes this batter is very thick but that's okay as long as put fruit and nuts and fold it, then put in the pan and the baking would do the work. it's very lovely recipe. I put frozen cranberries in the batter no need to be thawed."
"Very dry batter - added about 1/2 cup milk. Also, reduced apple amount to about a cup."
"I agree with mamafreak, there is no reason this recipe is wrong. I cannot count how many times I have made this bread. It's a family favorite and I even give it away as gifts and I always get recipe requests. I recommend trying it again and really paying attention to the recipe. It's a no fail recipe. The dough is heavy and thick but it should never be crumby at all, I think that they might have missed an ingredient or two. I am baffled that it hasn't work for jenjen1177, quinton1 and jamieswin. Try it again!!"