- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt;. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be very thick). Fold in apples, cranberries and walnuts.
- Transfer to an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Apple Cranberry Bread
Sort By :
"Nice flavor and easy to make."
"I've made this for a few years now and everyone loves it!"
"Incredibly easy to make and delicious. I put in 50% more cranberries and only 1 apple and toasted pecans because I had no walnuts. The loaf was crisp golden brown on the outside and moist inside. The kids and my husband loved it. People who found the dough crumbly either didnt mix the wet and dry ingredients together properly or forgot the oil. There is absolutEly no need to add more liquid."
"At first, I thought I made a mistake and forgot liquid until, I folded in the apples and cranberries. Then, the batter was more manageable and perfect. Excellent !!!!!!!!!!! "
"This is a very tasty bread. When it's all mixed up, it's more like crumbles than batter. I just pressed it into the loaf pan and it baked up fine. Very moist and flavorful."