Even folks who claim not to like cranberries rave about this dish. I cherish the recipe from my mother, who inspired my love of cooking. —Debbie Daly, Florence, Kentucky
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 cups chopped tart apples
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in the apples and cranberries. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. In another bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, pecans and flour; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Apple Cranberry Bake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p145
Reviews for Apple Cranberry Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review