Apple-Cran-Pear Sauce Recipe
This pretty pink sauce is a nice change from typical cranberry relish. Apple pie filling and canned pears add just the right amount of sweetness.Keri Lawson, Fullerton, California
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 quarts water
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) sliced pears, drained
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- In a large saucepan, cook cranberries and water over medium-high heat until berries pop, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain. Add remaining ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until mixture boils. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Cran-Pear Sauce in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p6
Reviews for Apple-Cran-Pear Sauce(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2012
make it every Turkey day..
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2011
Ever since I found this recipe years ago, I make it for Thanksgiving. It turns out great, makes a lot. I have tweaked it a little bit to my liking, mostly cutting the fruit into bite size pieces and we love it warm or cold!