Apple-Cran-Pear Sauce Recipe
This pretty pink sauce is a nice change from typical cranberry relish. Apple pie filling and canned pears add just the right amount of sweetness.—Keri Lawson, Fullerton, California
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 quarts water
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) sliced pears, drained
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook cranberries and water over medium-high heat until berries pop, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain. Add remaining ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until mixture boils. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 113 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC