Apple Country Ribs
For a melt-in-your-mouth delicious main course at your next event, try these super-tender boneless ribs from our Test Kitchen. They’re treated to a sweet apple juice, brown sugar and herb combination that’s sure to have folks asking for seconds.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 40 min.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Pour 1-1/2 cups
- marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork; seal bag and
- turn to coat. Refrigerate 5 hours or overnight. Cover and
- refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. Drain pork, discarding marinade in
- bag. Grill ribs, covered, over indirect medium heat for 10 minutes
- on each side. Baste with some of the reserved marinade. Grill 20-25
- minutes longer or until ribs are tender, turning and basting
- occasionally. Yield: 12 servings.