Apple Comfort Recipe
Years ago, we were without electricity for nine days during an ice storm, but I was able run the slow cooker from our generator. The situation called for dessert, and this has been a favorite ever since.
- 8 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugar, flour and cinnamon. Spoon into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Whisk the eggs, cream and vanilla; pour over apple mixture. Combine the cracker crumbs, pecans and butter; sprinkle over top.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Apple Comfort
Reviewed Oct. 14, 2014
""Delicious!!!" That's the best word to describe this recipe. Being able to make it in the slow cooker was great idea. The only thing I changed well added was a little nutmeg."
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2013
"This was a big hit with the family at Christmas.it is now requested for every family gathering we have big or small.I used half & half instead of the heavy cream and it still turned out great"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC