Years ago, we were without electricity for nine days during an ice storm, but I was able run the slow cooker from our generator. The situation called for dessert, and this has been a favorite ever since.
- 8 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugar, flour and cinnamon. Spoon into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Whisk the eggs, cream and vanilla; pour over apple mixture. Combine the cracker crumbs, pecans and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Apple Comfort in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2012, p92
Reviews for Apple Comfort
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review