Your basic coleslaw gets a sweet surprise with the addition of Granny Smith apples, cabbage, and carrots. Brought to you by dLife®
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoons salt, to taste, optional
- 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cups savoy cabbage, shredded
- 5 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, cider
- vinegar, salt, and pepper, stir well and set aside.
- In another bowl combine cabbages, carrots, green onions, and Granny
- Smith apple.
- Add yogurt mixture, and toss well to mix. Cover and chill at least 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 107 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 149 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.