This family favorite has a delicious fresh apple-pie taste that brightens any holiday table brunch. I've made it for years.
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- CHEESE TOPPING:
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- APPLE TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a saucepan, heat the water, milk and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Beat in egg until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Press into two greased 12-in. pizza pans; build up edges. In a small bowl, combine the cheese topping ingredients. Spread over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. In a saucepan, combine the apple topping ingredients; simmer, uncovered, until apples are tender. Spoon over cream cheese layer.
- Combine streusel ingredients; sprinkle over apples. Let stand for 15 minutes. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is browned. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm pizzas. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 coffee cake pizzas (6-8 servings each).
Originally published as Apple Coffee Cake Pizza in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p20
Reviews for Apple Coffee Cake Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review