Apple Cocoa Snack Cake
The apple provides natural sweetening and helps make this cake moist and delicious. I'm a former home economics teacher who loves to delight family and friends with homemade goodies.
9 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apples
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Combine
- water, oil, lemon juice and vanilla; add to the dry ingredients and
- stir just until combined. Toss apples with sugar and cinnamon; fold
- into batter. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at
- 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done. Yield: 9
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 202 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.