Apple Cocoa Snack Cake Recipe
The apple provides natural sweetening and helps make this cake moist and delicious. I'm a former home economics teacher who loves to delight family and friends with homemade goodies.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:9 servings
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apples
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Combine water, oil, lemon juice and vanilla; add to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Toss apples with sugar and cinnamon; fold into batter. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 202 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC