The apple provides natural sweetening and helps make this cake moist and delicious. I'm a former home economics teacher who loves to delight family and friends with homemade goodies.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apples
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Combine water, oil, lemon juice and vanilla; add to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Toss apples with sugar and cinnamon; fold into batter. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Apple Snack Cake in Country Extra March 1996, p51
Reviews for Apple Cocoa Snack Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review